Recently when I casually worked the fact that I am a marathoner into an unrelated conversation (surprising how good I have gotten at that) the person’s response was, “Oh so I guess you don’t smoke.”
Smoke? I rarely even drink. Hello MARATHONER here!
But then I got to thinking about it, and there are plenty of activities I partake in that are not so conducive to running.
- Staying up until ungodly hours
- I have a weakness for all things cheesy and spicy (read Mexican food)
- I don’t drink enough water
- I have a bit of a sweet tooth
- I crank up my mileage too quickly
- I don’t like eating breakfast
- My abs are total mush and I hate doing core work
- I would rather sleep in than go for a long run
I may not smoke, but I am hardly a saint. I have plenty of room for improvement.